Websites have become a significant source of information these days. Websites do not occupy storage space like apps and don’t require installation before usage. Hence they are becoming popular as an instant source of entertainment and information. Moreover, they are emerging as an effective tool for organizations to promote their brand to a large audience.
The necessity of creating a website for various purposes has led to a massive rise in web development. There are approximately 1.95 billion websites present on the internet. Building a website that stands apart from the thousands of similar ones on the internet must have something unique that makes it different and more user-friendly than others.
To make things easier, multiple web-designing tools are available in the market that help designers create beautiful and unique websites. In this post, we will be discussing some of the best web designing tools present on the market today that every developer must know. So, let’s move forward and discuss the ten best web design tools for creating robust websites.
Top web designing tools a designer must know.
Web designing originally was a very challenging, time and money-consuming task. The development of efficient web designing tools has provided designers with a platform laden with high-tech tools and elements to design great websites cost-effectively in minimal time.
Sketch is one of the top-rated web designing tools used by designers throughout the world. Initially released in 2010, it’s a vector graphics editor specially developed for macOS. It’s ideal for designing UI and UX of mobile applications and websites. The best thing about this tool is that it doesn’t require the user to have prior coding knowledge.
Sketch has undergone many advancements in recent years, and one of the most striking additions is the feature of building prototypes and testing them.
Top features of Sketch
- Allows real-time collaboration with peers, enabling multiple people to work on the same document.
- Easy-to-use tools
- Easier to edit and iterate files at any stage of the design process, from design and prototyping to handoff.
- It allows you to design reusable components that you can use anywhere and update at any stage of the design process.
Almost every web designer today is familiar with WordPress. WordPress is another prominent name when it comes to web designing tools. Released 19 years ago, in 2003, it’s described as an open-source content management system. It is free to use, excluding the extra costs of running and maintaining the site.
Top features of WordPress
- It’s simple to use and doesn’t require prior coding knowledge.
- Using unique themes, designers can create beautiful websites.
- Supports thousands of plugins to help designers create websites with extraordinary functionalities.
- With features like saving your progress, publishing your project, or revising it, it’s easier to publish websites and content.
Wix is another excellent web development and designing tool launched in 2006 in Israel and is now used worldwide. It’s a free web designing and development tool that allows you to create a free website in minutes.
Top features of Wix
- Using Wix ADI (artificial design intelligence), amateur users can create fantastic websites in minutes by answering just a few simple questions.
- For a more professional approach, Wix provides designers with the provision to design their websites from scratch using ready-to-use components.
- With the Wix mobile editor, users can create websites that can be easily mobile-optimized for better functionalities and look on a small screen.
- It comes with advanced SEO tools and marketing solutions that can help increase the website’s SEO ranking and attract more traffic.
FIGMA, released in 2016, similar to Sketch, is a vector editing tool that offers accessibility over macOS and Windows. The best thing about FIGMA is that it’s a web application that doesn’t need to be downloaded on the desktop.
Top features of FIGMA
- FIGMA is the ideal tool for projects that require real-time team collaboration. It allows every design team member to edit, communicate, and share their progress effortlessly.
- FIGMA comes in two versions, free and premium. The free version allows you to use all the functionalities and tools but has limitations. The free version allows only projects older than 30 days to be altered. In contrast, the premium version has no such limitations.
- Similar to Sketch, it allows designers to design reusable elements and provides flexibility to iterate the design at any time from the design to the deployment process.
#5 Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code is a product by Microsoft, launched in 2015. It is a source-code editor and can be used to design websites in Windows, macOS, and Linux. You can use this software to write and edit HTML and CSS code and build Bootstrap websites. Unlike the previously mentioned tools, Visual Studio Code requires prior coding knowledge to build websites.
Top features of Visual Studio Code
- To enhance productivity, this tool comes with Intellisense. Intellisense is the feature that helps designers write codes faster by providing a list of suggestions, also known as code-assist.
- Supports syntax highlighting, code folding, and refactoring for almost all the leading programming languages.
According to its official website, Webflow is used by more than 3.5 million designers worldwide. Again, this is a no-code website maker and thus makes it simple for anyone with or without coding experience to build a website.
Top features of Webflow
- It helps to build websites in significantly less time.
- Webflow brings all web development processes to one table, such as designing and graphics, prototyping, and code editing.
- Allows designers to build responsive websites
- It comes with a rich library of ready-to-use templates to help designers create beautiful websites.
- Easy to edit and modify content on the page without requiring checking and correcting the entire backend management system.
#7 Adobe XD
Adobe XD is a one-stop destination for web designers and developers; it provides a common platform for designing interactive and beautiful UI and UX designs, prototyping, and wireframing. It has become a very easy pic for designers familiar with various products of Adobe, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Top features of Adobe XD
- Allows designers to create components such as tabs, bullets, etc., and reuse them anywhere, any number of times. Any change in an element placed at a point will modify that component elsewhere, too, on the website.
- With the Repeat Grid feature, designers can repeat objects in any direction with a click.
- Allows you to easily share and access your project from any Adobe products, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, over the Adobe cloud.
#8 Google web designer
Google web designer brings all of the good stuff from Google to the designer’s table. It runs on one of the world’s most accessible and known languages, HTML5, thus allowing designers to create beautiful designs and write codes quickly.
Top features of Google Web Designer
- It is entirely free to download and simple to use.
- It allows seamless integration of various Google Products such as Google Ads, Drive, Display, and Video 360 to help designers add features of these products to the project.
- It allows you to create responsive elements for your websites that appear the same on any screen.
#9 Invision Studio
Invision Studio is famous for building prototypes and animations in a bit of time. This web designing tool allows designers to test their designs at every step before moving to the development stage.
Top features of Invision Studio
- Offers real-time collaborations amongst the design team.
- This tool is a part of the Invision suite of tools that contains products, such as InVision Cloud and InVision DSM. Designers can use the Invision cloud to store and share the designs, whereas InVision DSM is a library where you can store your self-designed UX components.
- You can use it on Mac and Windows.
- Allows importing and making changes on files from other web designing tools such as Sketch.
Marvel is also a leading web designing tool that allows designers to design web pages and wireframes and build prototypes. You can use this tool from any browser or device, tablet, smartphone, or desktop.
Top features of Marvel
- It has much ready-to-use functionality that allows designers to create excellent web designs in minimal time.
- No coding required
- Allows real-time collaboration for better synchronization and enhances the visibility of the design team.
To create a website that stands out from billions of websites present over the internet, it needs to be user-friendly and unique to look at. In this post, we mentioned the top ten tools that web designers must know to build beautiful web designs that are good to look at and provide better functionalities and content.
The mentioned web designing tools allow developers to create excellent UI with the help of animations, 3D transforms, and many such features. This web designing software provides designers with the best tools to design and build prototypes and wireframes for free and sometimes at budget-friendly prices.
- 9 Critical Features in a Multi Restaurant Delivery Software
- How to Create New Layer From Selection in Gimp
- Advantages And Disadvantages of HTML You Should Know
- What Role Does SEO Play in Today’s Digital Marketing Era?
- WordPress Page Not Found After Publish? Easy Fix
- Webpage Is Currently Unable To Handle This Request. HTTP error 500 Fix