What are the advantages and disadvantages of HTML or the pros and cons of HTML? But before diving deep into that first you should know about HTML. If you already know about that then you can skip that part.
What is HTML?
HTML(Hypertext Markup Language) is the language used to develop web pages. It is not an actual programming language but a markup language. Hypertext is text that has a link embedded into it that points to a different page or website. Mainly HTML is used for structuring a webpage and making a foundation. Basically, Html is the backbone of web pages. All the websites you see on the web are using HTML up to some extent.
Every web developer or web designer has to learn HTML, to begin with. The latest version of HTML is HTML5 which is really modern and powerful. It works awesome along with CSS3. If you are thinking of learning this language then you should know these points. There are a lot of disadvantages and disadvantages of HTML. They are listed as follows.
Also Read:- How to learn programming language fast in 2021?
Advantages And Disadvantages of HTML:-
What are the advantages of HTML?
- Easy- It is super easy to learn even for school kids.
- Syntax – The code is clean to write and follow.
- Simplicity – The coding structure is very simple to understand
- Free- It is free for the use which means you don’t have to pay for anything.
- Industry Standard- Accepted by all modern browsers like Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc
- Independent- It is a platform-independent language which means it can work across all devices.
- Embed Media- Easily embed audio, video, photos, and other types of media files.
- Hypertext- Link to any page internal on a website or external on different websites.
- Community- It has a huge community online if you want any kind of support.
- Templates – Don’t want to code from scratch then there are templates available for everything and for free.
What are the disadvantages of HTML?
- Complexity- A lot of code can be complex to handle
- Bulkiness – Sometimes there can be lots of pages that can be hard to handle
- Security- It is not secure on its own. You need third-party services to provide more security.
- Limitations- Alone HTML does not have many capabilities. Html alone can create basic web pages nothing much.
- Write Code- You have to write code for the simplest web pages. It can be a problem if a website has a lot of pages.
- Not Centralized- Each page should be programmed separately. It one of the biggest disadvantages.
- Dynamic Pages- Creating dynamic pages are hard. By default all HTML pages are static.
Also Read:- Top 10 Programming Languages of the Future
Html is the most important language on the world wide web. Every page on the web has some HTML inside it. You cannot escape Html when it comes to the web. Some might not consider it as an actual programming language because it is a markup language. But it is very important for Websites and web applications.
Hope you like the article about the advantages and disadvantages of HTML. I have listed all the points you need to know about HTML. There are a few more which are not so important. These are the main ones you need to know. Have any questions in mind then drop them down in the comments below. Share it on social platforms if it helped you. Peace 👍
Great and valuable content Creator keep creating And keep exploring
Thanks for that
Very good Post . This is helpful for me. Thanks