Imagine walking into a retail shop only to see rows and rows of unorganized goods. You would likely walk away since finding what you are looking for would be next to impossible. The same is true for online eCommerce stores. If your store shows products in a disorganized manner, customers will bounce away and move to another website. The default WooCommerce store layout has this issue. It simply displays a short list of services and goods, making it challenging for users to locate what they want. That’s why you need to customize your WooCommerce store.
Now the question is how to customize a WooCommerce store. Well, you can hire an experienced WooCommerce development company, as these teams hold the required expertise to personalize your online store tailored to your brand. Following the right steps in the right direction can help you create a customized eCommerce store that makes buying your products easy for end users.
There are multiple ways to customize the WooCommerce shopping page on WordPress. However, the simplest one is to use the existing tools and plugins.
So let’s see how you can use built-in WooCommerce and WordPress features, a third-party plugin known as “StoreCustomizer,” and some custom CSS.
It is the first step where you have to edit the store page using the WordPress Gutenberg editor.
To do this, perform the steps given below:
- The shop page can be found in the WordPress dashboard navigation menu under Pages > All Pages.
- Next, click on the Edit tap.
- After that, by pressing the tiny + button, you can add blocks (you can add as many blocks as you want to display your products or any additional content) to your store page.
- Now type Best Selling in the search input of the floating toolbar to add a WooCommerce block named Best Selling Products to display your best products.
- You can repeat the last two steps to add more blocks.
- Next, add a product search block.
- Now add another WooCommerce block known as “Product Categories List” (you can customize its appearance using colors or fonts of your choice).
You can change the appearance of many elements on the eCommerce store with the Gutenberg editor itself. However, making more changes will require you to write some custom CSS.
To add your own CSS, you need to follow these steps:
- Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.
- You can now add your CSS code.
- Next, press “Publish.”
This plugin gives you a lot of possibilities to edit the things on your eCommerce store. To make any changes, you have to go through these steps.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > StoreCustomizer > WooCommerce Shop Page after installing the plugin.
- You can now remove any unwanted elements.
- Also, if you want to add any badge to highlight new products or services, tick the checkbox next to Add a “New” badge for recently added products.
Once you have made the necessary changes, you must thoroughly review your customized online store. Review product pages, details, etc., and discover potential issues or improvements. Testing helps you verify whether all the elements work together and are compatible with the latest version of WordPress and WooCommerce.
Remember to publish your changes when you are satisfied and happy with the customization. After launching it, monitor its performance and make iterative improvements to enhance the shopping experience.
Your eCommerce store’s design and how you display your products & services can significantly influence your conversions. The shop page in WooCommerce is pre-built, with limited options to change them. So by following the above steps, you can present your brand and demonstrate professionalism to the end users.
However, as the business evolves and customer expectations shifts, you need to continue exploring new customization options to keep your store fresh and engaging. You should partner with a reliable eCommerce development services provider that can guide and support you. Their knowledge and experience can be invaluable in implementing advanced customizations and ensuring a seamless user experience.
Using the customization and tech expertise of the eCommerce development company, you can reach your business goals and offer users an amazing shopping experience.
- Sent as SMS via Server | What does it mean?
- How to Create New Layer From Selection in Gimp
- Top 5 SVG File Viewers for Your Android Mobiles
- Amazon Checkout Not Working | Learn How to Fix it?
- What is Implicit & Explicit Constraints in Backtracking?